Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Man, I'm cheesy!

Laying with my sweet girl at night and smelling that sweet baby smell (sweaty, spit up, whatever she ate for dinner, baby shampoo, and outside) my oxytocin pumps and I fall so more deeply in love with this child. Having a baby has made me even MORE patient. I am a pretty patient forgiving person but this is a whole 'nother ballgame. When she does something that would be seemingly annoying to someone else (pulling my hair and saying "ow", dropping whatever I just handed her 2 seconds ago 902342 times, nursing the entire night) my heart explodes with love because I see the wheels turning in her head and see shes trying to make sense of this world shes in.  I read something about in situations where you don't have control, you have control of your thoughts and it rang so true. It makes no sense to be frustrated or get angry with this sweet child you gave life to. She will only be nursing through the night, kicking me in my sleep, staring at my face and jabbing needle sharp nails up my nose, want to be held for 14 hours a day (and sleeping by me the rest of the time) for a blink of an eye.  I can already see the pay off from being an attached parent. She is content to sit and play by herself and she rarely fusses when we are out. Holding your baby allows them to be in the center of activity rather than the center of attention and letting them see our world doesn't stop just for them. This sweet little head resting on my shoulder, and sweet little hand patting my back grow my heart to burst out of my chest. I love this girl and I love how she makes me see the world.

No comments: