Friday, October 28, 2011

The Puke: Disjointed Stream of (semi)Conciousness

My sweet girl got the puke virus that has been sweeping the metroplex.
Literally.
I can count at least 10 people/families that have had this crap this month. 
Sunday night we were sleeping and Nora stirred and I heard a sound that was like water being poured out.
Oh no.
Glasses, light, baby, what?!
Wes sits up and grabs her, SHES PUKING!
Groggy groggy sleeping, what?!
A HUGE puke spot on  the sheet soaked through the sheet on the comforter all over her hair all over my arm and on Wes's front and down his back.
Bath number one.
10 minutes later, repeat.
20 minutes later: repeat+puke bowl. this time no sheet change.
Hour later: again. Puke bowl, semi-successful. Still need a sheet change.
Text my boss. Nope not coming in.
Can't sleep! Scared of the puke.
Tuesday, same thing.
She was acting normal besides being mega clingy.
Thought she could handle a bite of banana.
NOPE!
How heart breaking it is to see this poor sweet babe heaving looking at you like, "Mama, make it stop!" and all you can do is hold a bowl out for her.
Tuesday evening the pukes were more spaced out.
We go to sleep and all she wants to do is lay on top of me.
My poor sweet friend.
I have to keep cutting her off nursing so her belly doesn't get too full.
Wednesday back to work.
Puke in the car on the way to work.
Thursday, much better but still sensitive belly.
Puked all over my moms duvet and down my shirt, though my bra, down my pants.
This poor girl has had more baths this week than in a normal month it seems.
Today she ate 1 square centimeter of a cracker and puked. But this time, I know see the vom signs wash over her and catch it all in a bowl!
Woo, mom win.
How sad is that, that catching puke in a bowl is a mom win?
I suppose its breastmilk ONLY for a few more days!

<3 Sleep deprived, filled with love and joy, pukey smelling mama :)

1 comment:

Angelique said...

At Whole Foods, there is a carton of stuff called BRAT somethingerother. I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner, my brain is dull sometimes. But, for next time she's all pukey. Have her sip it as she tolerates. Poor girl and mommy and daddy! Glad all is better.