Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Time passes. Love grows.

The very second I found out I was pregnant I fell deeply in love. When the little human I was growing for 40 weeks was placed on my chest, my heart exploded and my love grew. She smiled at me for the first time, she crawled, first birthday, my love grew. As each day passes, my Herat really does grow. Today Nora was taking to me and recalling details of the day and doing funny voices. As I stared into the eyes of this little human that is an extension of me and a separate entity all her own, I tumbled down the depths of love and fell even harder. Being a mom is hard. Sometimes I want to yell, sometimes it's lonely, or boring, or frustrating. Stopping, disconnecting from technology and just watching and listening to her gets it back in perspective.

In other non-sappy news, Wes is doing extremely excellent in school and has around 9 months left. Being out here with him has grown us together so incredibly much. We always have been best friends (7 years!) but this test has concreted us together and I'm so thankful for it.
I'm goin to really try and blog more for my own memory's sake and for the sake of remembering the small, "mundane" little things that actually make up the big parts of who we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sappy? Pfft, it's now my middle name. You know how hard I ugly-cried when Humnoy just had his 2nd birthday. Too ugly. I think it's sweet you know how to put into words the love you feel for Nora and, of course, your husband too!

I do hope you keep writing!