Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dearest Noodlebug. age 4

My sweet sweet Nora,
You're my favorite girl and you always will be. We have grown up a lot together in these past 4 years. You have taught me so much about myself and the areas of my weakness. You've helped me exercise grace and patience. You have helped me work on not controlling and slowing down. I'm always working on this. You call me out when I'm being a jerk. You are so funny. The things you say I seriously wonder where/how you came up with it. When I peek in on you playing or singing and you catch me looking at you, you get embarrassed. I apologize then hide better next time so you don't catch me again. You are such a good listener most of the time and you're so mature that its hard for me to remember sometimes that you're still so little and you haven't been on this earth very long. Watching you with your brother simultaneously melts my heart and freaks me out. You have a pretty big case of cute aggression with him.  You just love him so much that you want to squeeze the crap out of him. Most times I know it just LOOKS like you're squeezing but you're really not. "MOM! CAN I TOUCH BROTHER?! HE LOOKS SOOOOOO CUUUUUTE!" is a favorite phrase of mine because I can totally relate.
You started school in September. I knew you needed to branch out a little and socialize because you know, I can get a little boring. You fit in so seamlessly and your teacher tells me how mature and well you play with all the other kids. I was peeking in on you to day and I felt so proud watching you interact and use your manners and smile and be a friend.
You had big year of changes since turning 3. We moved from Phoenix to Paris. We moved from Paris to Sassy and Pappy's house so I could be closer to the birth center. You saw your baby brother only minutes after he was born. You told me, "It's hard having a baby." When you realized you had to share me. My heart felt broken and for a second I felt so guilty having this new baby and having to share myself with you and him. My heart grew but I was/am still missing those days of you and I alone. We then moved back to Paris so we would be with Daddy. I got a job in Plano so we moved back with Sassy and Pappy. We ended up working for a family we didn't fit with. We visited Daddy on weekends. We found a family to work for that we fit perfectly with. Daddy moved to Sassy and Pappy's with us. You started school. We got a new house here and now, here we are. You are turning 4.
You taught me unconditional love so vast. The moment I pulled you up on my chest after I birthed you I fell so deeply in love with you. Our souls and hearts and spirits will always be connected. I hope that you forgive my flaws and see the time and love and effort I put into being securely attached to each other.
As always, I will do my very best to help you pursue your dreams, let you feel your feelings, and love you unconditionally.
You are no longer a baby but you'll always be my baby.

No comments: